Saturday, April 12, 2008

One Big Bird

This morning we had a fox taking wandering through the back field. I've heard he's been around for a few years, but never seen it. The den is in the slough behind us. Then, if that wasn't a great way to start the morning, out come two pheasant's - the male was chasing after the female. He was one of the biggest pheasant's I've seen- with bright red markings on him. Brynn did mention that Carson would be in heaven if it was pheasant season now.

Yesterday was 'chick day' at our little post office here in town. I could stand in there all day and watch the farmers come and pick them up, just because I love the sound of the baby chicks. Instead, I can sit on the couch in the family room and listen to the baby birds which have just started to squack in their nest right by the window.

It reminded me that a few weeks ago, the eagle returned to the front trees. They are so majestic - but not soon after he got there, a buddy swooped in with the one of the biggest wing spans I have ever seen. They stayed for a big and then both took off up the street, one right ahead of our neighbor Jim Arrant as he was heading back to church.

No comments: