Saturday, July 5, 2008

Independence Day

While we were in Alaska, I realized just how much my country means to me. It was nice to visit Canada, but I was so glad to be back home where I knew that there were so many defending my rights to live here.

I feel so lucky to have friends and family close by - Chase, Brooke, Drew, Amber and Ella were all here last night to visit after I got home from the airport. Brooke and I made a mad dash to the store in her new car (so very cute and is TOTALLY HER!) for hamburger and hot dog buns so we could whip together an instant BBQ for the group. They all stayed and visited for a while before it was time to see the fireworks at the park. This was the first year that I haven't gone up to the park to watch them, but there's something to be said for standing on the front porch in your jammies, getting eaten alive by mosquitos and watching from home.

Brynn called this morning to tell me she had started her own blog. Now everyone can find out what's happening in her life. Very cool!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See if this works...yea! it does!
We have NO mosquitoes here, ob\nly marine layer that ruins firework displays.
Laters~
you know who

Anonymous said...

Ooops. bad typing cannot be transcended