Sunday, October 12, 2008

What Happened to Fall?






Yesterday while we were out planting a couple of trees, I kept telling Ken that we went right from summer to winter. He told me I was wrong - that we had had about two weeks of fall and it was still fall. Ok - so here's a couple of pictures I took a few minutes ago. Try to tell me it's fall! We are already up to 9 inches of snow and it's still covering the sidewalk as fast as Ken is shoveling. He's about to go out and hook up the plow to the tractor (and we all know how bad he'll feel about that...)


The dogs absolutely love the snow - but when you only have 6 inches of legs, it's hard to motate through 9 inches of snow.

I just went out and shook all the trees since they were starting to bend from the weight of the snow. One of the trees we planted yesterday was laying flat on the ground - who would've guessed?


For effect, I have to add a picture that I took 3 days ago of Bandit getting a bath from Izzy. Pretty sure we weren't anticipating this kind of weather for the weekend.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Now I feel guilty complaining about the almost 1" that we had which melted the same day. I really do not want winter yet--not til December or never. I really love fall and feel like we are missing out as well.