Saturday, October 4, 2008

Conference Weekend

Today starts General Conference - and so far the talks have been so good. I usually don't stay in and listen on Saturday because there is so much to do outside. This morning we had a big wind and rain storm so it became an inside day instead. The only bummer part of the rain is that we had hay in the field that was going to be baled yesterday but since it rained a bit on Thursday night, it was too wet to bale and is now sitting out in a wet, muddy field that will take forever to dry out.

This morning also marked the beginning of the duck(?) hunt and the slough was brimming with hunters counting the minutes until they could start shooting. If you stood outside for a few minutes, it sounded like a war zone. (It died down a bit once it started to pour.) Even the horses were stirred up by all the noise.

Drew and Amber moved to their new house on Wednesday. It's amazing how fast you can unload one house and load up another with just a few people. All of Amber's family was there to help them move but all of the Campbell's had to work or had class so I as a lone helper. I can't wait to see how its all come together now that they've had a few days to get settled.

Last thought of the day - on Sunday the kids all came over for dinner (except Carson who was still in Texas) and Drew brought over his Wii. Well, the kids tried to teach me to play Mario Kart - tried being the key word here. We spent more time laughing than racing - and it got so bad that I would just stop in the middle of the game because I was laughing so hard at my pathetic offering. I did better at the batting contest we all participated in and maybe even a bit better at bowling. I have never played before so it was my maiden voyage. Amber blew us all out of the water during the batting competition - way to go girl! I think we might have to invest in a Wii for family night (and give me an opportunity to practice and avoid any future embarrassments).

1 comment:

Drew and Amber said...

That was a funny day with the Wii- WE all had a blast we should bring it by more often.