Friday, March 21, 2008

Bear Lake in the Winter







We took the kids to Bear Lake for our first, but hopefully not the last, family getaway. We had thought about it for a few years, but summer is to busy and we couldn't figure out an adventure that everyone could participate in during the winter. On Valentine's Day, I got the arrangements finalized and we gave each family member a Valentine inviting them to the getaway.


On Friday, we all headed up to the lake to check into the condo - what a great place! Indoor pool, right across from the marina - this picture was taken from the walkway to the condo, plenty of room for everyone, NCAA basketball conference tourney weekend, and sledding was about 15 minutes back up the canyon.


Carson arrived from Colorado on Friday, but met up with us at the Sinks on Saturday morning for some early morning riding. No one was up there, it was even pretty warm with a light snowfall. It was Chase's first time really riding and we wondered if he'd ever come back - he was having so much fun. I tried to give Ken and Drew heart attacks with my 'bravery' (and I got quite an earful when I was off the hill). We even managed to loose Carson a couple of times, maybe because Brynn was 'outa there' and off exploring the Sinks and he was trying to find her!


Notice in the picture that I somehow managed to get up the hill without my boots, so I had to borrow Brynn's cowboy boots - I believe that's redneck sleddin'!


No comments: