Friday, February 29, 2008

Fun in the Sun!

This week Ken and a long-time co-worker had a trade show in St. George to go to, so they took the wives along for a short get-away. Tuesday afternoon the guys got the booth ready for the show the next morning, we checked into the motel and went to see Vantage Point. We aren't much for seeing movies, but enjoyed this one (if you can get past the Ground Hog Day syndrome during the show).

But, all good things must come to an end.... the sump pump had stopped working and the basement was flooding. Brooke was the lucky one in charge of going and getting another sump pumg, Justin was working on getting the old one to work, and the girls were in charge of sucking up the water that was coming into the food storage room.

Since there was nothing we could do about it since we are away from home, we taught Dave and Marilyn how to play Hand and Foot (basically Canasta) and headed over to Dairy Queen for a midnight (ok, 9 pm) treat. The next day the guys went to the show and we went to the outlet mall!!! Woohoo - warm weather, no where to go, time to shop, and a short list of things I wanted to find while I was there. So...I'd be lying if I didn't tell you that the baby came out smelling like a rose and the rest of my list, not so good. We found a Taipan Trading Company and I have a new list for that store too! But, I'm thinkin' my most major accomplishment was that Marilyn found a perfect dress for me for Brooke's wedding (and accessories too.)

Wednesday night we went to the temple for a session and then ate there after (one of my favorite places for a cheap good dinner.) Then, back to the hotel for cards (and coached Brynn on sump pump and sucking up more water from the food storage room).

It was nice to spend time with good friends and my best friend, Ken. But, all good things must come to an end - and we got back home to more........water in the basement and the sump pump needed some attention.

No comments: